Brackish Water 8040 Reverse Osmosis Membrane 14000 GPD
- 14,000 GPD Water Production Capacity
- Extra Low Energy, High Productivity Brackish RO Membrane
- 99.0% Stabilized Salt Rejection
- Trouble-Free Treatment For A Wide Range Of Difficult Feed Water
- Lowest Operating Costs For Municipal & Industrial Applications
- Made In the USA With Advanced Technology By Filmtec
A good start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment systems is crucial to prepare the membranes for operating service and to prevent membrane hurt due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock.
Following the proper start-up sequence also helps ensure system operating parameters conform to design specifications to achieve system water quality and productivity goals.
Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pretreatment, loading of the membrane elements, instrument calibration, and other system checks should be completed.
For more details, please direct to the application information literature entitled “Start-Up Sequence” (Form No. 609-02077).
Avoid abrupt pressure or cross-flow variations on the spiral elements during start-up, shutdown, cleaning, or other sequences to prevent membrane damage. During start-up, a gradual shift from a standstill to an operating state is suggested as follows:
- Feed pressure should be increased gradually over 30-60 seconds.
- Cross-flow velocity at the set operating point should be performed slowly over 15-20 seconds.
- Permeate obtained from the first hour of the process should be discarded.
- Keep elements moist at all duration after initial wetting.
- If operating limitations and guidelines in this bulletin are not strictly followed, the limited warranty will be null and void.
- To avoid the growth of biological organisms during extended system shutdowns, submerging membrane elements in a solution with preservatives is advisable.
- The customer is fully responsible for the results of incompatible chemicals and lubricants on elements.
- The maximum pressure drop across a whole pressure vessel (housing) is 50 psi (3.4 bar).
- Avoid static permeate-side back pressure at all times.
Notice: Using this product in and of itself does not necessarily ensure the removal of cysts and pathogens from water. Effective cyst and pathogen reduction relies on the complete system design and the operation and maintenance of the system.