Brackish Water 4040 Reverse Osmosis Membrane 2400 GPD
- 2,400 GPD Water Production Capacity
- Light Industrial Brackish RO Membranes
- 99.5% Stabilized Salt Rejection
- Trouble-Free Treatment For A Wide Range Of Difficult Feed Water
- Fiberglass Exterior Shell Withstands Higher Pressure Drops
- Made In USA With Advanced Technology By Filmtec
Membrane-BW30-4040 (2,400 GPD)
Industry standard for reliable operation and production of the highest quality water. Fiberglass outer wrap for multiple-element housings containing three or more membranes to withstand higher pressure drops.
Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment systems is essential to prepare the membranes for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock. Following the proper start-up sequence also helps ensure that system operating parameters conform to design specifications so that system water quality and productivity goals can be achieved.
Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pre-treatment, loading of the membrane elements, instrument calibration and other system checks should be completed.
Please refer to the application information literature entitled “Start-Up Sequence” (Form No. 609-02077) for more information.
Avoid any abrupt pressure or cross-flow variations on the spiral elements during start-up, shutdown, cleaning or other sequences to prevent possible membrane damage. During start-up, a gradual change from a standstill to operating state is recommended as follows:
- Feed pressure should be increased gradually over a 30-60 second time frame.
- Cross-flow velocity at set operating point should be achieved gradually over 15-20 seconds.
- Permeate obtained from first hour of operation should be discarded.
- Keep elements moist at all times after initial wetting.
- If operating limits and guidelines given in this bulletin are not strictly followed, the limited warranty will be null and void.
- To prevent biological growth during prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution.
- The customer is fully responsible for the effects of incompatible chemicals and lubricants on elements.
- Maximum pressure drop across an entire pressure vessel (housing) is 50 psi (3.4 bar).
- Avoid static permeate-side back pressure at all times.
These membranes may be subject to drinking water application restrictions in some countries: please check the application status before use and sale.
Notice: The use of this product in and of itself does not necessarily guarantee the removal of cysts and pathogens from water. Effective cyst and pathogen reduction is dependent on the complete system design and on the operation and maintenance of the system.