Brackish Water 4040 Reverse Osmosis Membrane 2400 GPD
- 2,400 GPD Water Production Capacity
- Light Industrial Brackish RO Membranes
- 99.5% Stabilized Salt Rejection
- Trouble-Free Treatment For A Wide Range Of Difficult Feed Water
- Fiberglass Exterior Shell Withstands Higher Pressure Drops
- Made In the USA With Advanced Technology By Filmtec
Membrane-BW30-4040 (2,400 GPD)
Industry standard for reliable operation and production of the highest quality water. Fiberglass outer wrap for multiple-element housings containing three or more membranes to withstand higher pressure drops.
A good start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment systems is crucial to prepare the membranes for operating service and to prevent membrane hurt due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock. Following the proper start-up sequence also helps ensure system operating parameters conform to design specifications to achieve system water quality and productivity goals.
Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pretreatment, loading of the membrane elements, instrument calibration, and other system checks should be completed.
For more details, please direct to the application information literature entitled “Start-Up Sequence” (Form No. 609-02077).
Avoid abrupt pressure or cross-flow variations on the spiral elements during start-up, shutdown, cleaning, or other sequences to prevent membrane damage. During start-up, a gradual shift from a standstill to an operating state is suggested as follows:
- Feed pressure should be increased gradually over 30-60 seconds.
- Cross-flow velocity at the set operating point should be performed slowly over 15-20 seconds.
- Permeate obtained from the first hour of the process should be discarded.
- Keep elements moist at all duration after initial wetting.
- If operating limitations and guidelines in this bulletin are not strictly followed, the limited warranty will be null and void.
- To avoid the growth of biological organisms during extended system shutdowns, submerging membrane elements in a solution with preservatives is advisable.
- The customer is fully responsible for the results of incompatible chemicals and lubricants on elements.
- The maximum pressure drop across a whole pressure vessel (housing) is 50 psi (3.4 bar).
- Avoid static permeate-side back pressure at all times.
These membranes may be subject to drinking water application restrictions in some countries: please check the application status before use and sale.
Notice: Using this product in and of itself does not necessarily ensure the removal of cysts and pathogens from water. Effective cyst and pathogen reduction relies on the complete system design and the operation and maintenance of the system.